Tuesday 9 October 2012

La Roche-Posay: Mela-D Pigment Control Serum ~ Review

I won this serum from Beauty Crazed & La Roche-Posay back in September.*
This serum contains 3 important ingredients: Kojic Acid, LHA, and Glycolic Acid:

Kojic Acid - (2% concentrated) it helps to reduce dark spots and skin discolouration

Combine LHA (Lipo-Hydroxy-Acid) and Glycolic Acid to shed dark skin cells

Before I started using this product, the instructions advised me to do a sensitivity test inside my elbow.  There was no reaction, so I am good to go.

As per instructed, I could only use this product once a day, ideally at night.  It also warned that there might be a temporary tingle sensation when I put it on.

The packaging promotes that I will see results in 2 weeks...

Each night I put on the serum which absorbs very quickly and does not leave my skin oily.  Its perfect. Unfortunately I am not a fan of the eye drop method.  I wonder if the pump or tube packaing is more ideal.

Today marks my 3 weeks trial run - I can't really tell if my dark spots have faded or it evened out my skin tone.  However, I will continue to use it until I am finished with the bottle and hopefully I will notice a change.

This is product is available at Shoppers Drug Mart & Rexall (Pharma Plus) for $55 (30ml)










*Disclaimer: I receive no compensation on the products I received from the PR/Brands company.  All opinions are my own.*

2 comments:

  1. I have another dark spot corrector from La Roche, and I didn't find that it worked very well on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not keen on putting any kind of acid or whitener on my skin.

    ReplyDelete