Monday 20 February 2012

February 2012 Luxebox by Loosebutton

I am glad they took away the first in line emails...unless I missed it...
This month's box is red for Valentine's Day that happened last week.
They teamed up with Flare magazine for promotional purposes.

This month's Luxe box:


Joico: K-Pak Revitaluxe
Full size 150ml @ $27, sample size 50ml @ $9
It smells OK.  I have used other Joico hair product before so I don't mind trying this one.

DKNY: Pure DKNY Verbena
Full size 50ml @ $80 or 100ml @ $105, sample size 7ml $11.25 or $7.35
I dont like the smell.  It is too blah.  I like the CK more since it came in a rollerball than a little bottle.  I am starting to built a sample collection of perfumes samples...it is getting a bit out of hand.

Mereadesso: Beautiful Body Balm
Full size 200ml @ $54, sample size 30ml @ $8.10
I like the smell.  It almost smells like it has some citrus in it.  It is a great size for my purse but I don't think I will be repurchasing this since it is too expensive.

Lise Watier: 24 Hours Glam Mascara
Full size 8ml @ $22, sample size 5ml @ $13.75
It is a good size sample.  I like the animal print on the container.  I also have a growing collection of mascara.

*Bonus*
Mereadesso: Face & Neck Toning Gel
Full size 50ml @ $120, sample size 7ml @ $16.80 (plus a entry for a giveaway)
I have already received this sample before in my September so it is not a surprise to me.

Plus they gave a gift card for $25 off when you spend $75+ at DEALUXE.  I don't shop there because everything is so expensive.

Total worth of this box is $55+

The Bottom Line
My experience with this month's box- 3/5
Product received - 3/5
The surprise - 3/5
Favourite product received - Mereadesso Beautiful Body Balm

I am not sure what the Valentine's Day surprise is.  On Facebook, people were guessing chocolates, message oils, red lipstick, red nail polish, and I guessed gift certificates to La Senza or Victoria Secret.  So, I don't think there was a surprise.  I don't think a red box would be considered a surprise...does it?  Very strange.

Once again I missed out on some good items.  I have read some people received the Benefit's Sunbeam (golden bronze highlighter) and Dermalogical's Daily Microfoliant.  Hopefully, I might get something similar in my next month's box.

You can read my previous Luxe boxes here:
September, October, November, December, and January.

Did you receive yours yet?
What did you get?

1 comment:

  1. A bit of an underwhelming box! Funny there wasn't a special surprise as promised!

    ReplyDelete