Three major changes to the program:
- The launch of Distinction, a new tiered recognition program that rewards top accumulating members, based on total Aeroplan Miles earned across all coalition partners, with preferential mileage levels for redemption, bonus mile offers and exclusive privileges;
- New Market Fare Flight Rewards to replace ClassicPlus Flight Rewards, offering significantly improved value, with all members having access to mileage levels reduced by up to 20%, and Distinction members enjoying reductions of up to 50%; and
- The cancellation of the seven-year mileage redemption policy, with Aeroplan Miles no longer expiring for members active in the program each year.
Distinction includes three status levels based on a member’s total eligible mileage accumulation:
- dSilver – 25,000 miles accumulated during the calendar year;
- dBlack – 50,000 miles accumulated during the calendar year;
- dDiamond – 100,000 miles accumulated during the calendar year.
New Market Fare Flight Reward starting at up to 20% with Distinction members enjoying reductions of up to 50%. Market Fare Flight Rewards’ access to every available seat on flights operated by Air Canada, at variable mileage levels derived from fares at time of booking, will be unrivaled in the industry and will offer fantastic value to members.
Cancellation of its seven-year mileage redemption policy which means the miles will not expire as long as members stay active in the program by having at least one accumulation or redemption activity every 12 months. To find out more, please visit: http://www.aeroplan.com/7year or http://www.aeroplan.com/FAQ
Additional change is mileage levels for one-way flight rewards will decrease and require only 50% of the miles needed for a round-trip flight. For example, North American one way long haul fares in economy will be reduced from 17,000 miles to 12,500 miles and European one way fares will go from 40,000 miles to 30,000 miles For more information, please review the details of the ClassicFlight Rewards mileage level changes here: http://www.aeroplan.com/changes.
Furthermore, next year will be their 30th anniversary - can't believe they have been around that long. For more details and information on these changes check out their website http://distinction.aeroplan.com/en
*Disclosure - All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation.